Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A congratulations Frame

Curls and swirls were always my forte but never ever did I imagine that I will be able to make money out of Art I did (much to the chagrin of my mother) at the back of my school notebooks. I so vividly remember waiting to have mehendi/henna times so that I could further practice these curls and swirls :-) Here is my first completed (and dispatched) order :-)


I am particularly happy about this one because it was my concept from the beginning till the end. I wrote to poem myself (something I intend to continue, writing!) and then, quilled the surroundings. As always, here are the details:

Base: 80 gsm beige printing paper, 130 gsm black paper, cut and pasted on right side
Black 'stems': 300 gsm black chart paper
Black 'leaves': 130 gsm black paper
Flower: 80 gsm beige printing paper + 130 gsm black paper
Beige details: 80 gsm printing paper

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

I hope the person who ordered it receives it in good shape and likes it too :)

This is my entry to Kathy's challenge for September 2011:

Happy Quilling :)

16 comments:

Lekha justin said...

happy to see ur blog dear...nice works..

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you Lekha :-)

Anonymous said...

Your scrolls are always special....wavy, breezy....
Gook Luck for all ur future projects Pritesh....

Sathya
Taiwan

Pritesh said...

Thanks Sathya :-)

Anita Kumar said...

Beautiful quilling, happy to discover your blog !

Mona Garg said...

So glad that I came across your blog ! lovely creations !! simply beautiful ...:)

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you so much Mona :-)

GreenEarth said...

Beautiful card, excellent finish! Very sophisticated look.

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Lovely! And the poem is beautiful also!

Anirban said...

Have never seen anything prettier than this in monochrome. Simply out of the world. Mermerizing in true sense

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you Anirban :-)

Vipin Kumar Nadar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vidushi's quilling said...

Big time congratulations for kathy's challenge and without any doubt simply awesome card you made.Loved your work!!!!!!!

Vidushi
www.allaboutquilling.blogspot.com

Sathya said...

Congratulations for making top 3 in Kathy's Challenge in Piyu's Take a quill pill blog...

Cheers from Taiwan
Sathya

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks Vidushi and Sathya! And congratulations to you too Sathya :-)