Saturday, December 10, 2011

My best, I think

Hello All,

After one sleepless night and 7 hours straight of only quilling, this is what I created. I am not particularly proud of the creation but I am, of the patience I displayed! Hehehehe! It's a very Larissa inspired creation (thanks Kate for the link). She is, of course, a class apart! I can never claim to be half as good but try, I will :) But I will always be fond of this project because there was nothing I HAD TO conform to, to make this one. I made it truly for my own pleasure (and I have a track record of doing my best when I am not under pressure!).....a creation just to please myself :) At the end, however, I decided that I want to gift it to a little girl, who turns 1 in some time. I know she won't even know what it is but maybe, some day, she will remember her Aunt who made this for her and appreciate it :)

I've used silver glitter pen to make the swirls as I think, swirls is my strong point. And my hands had been itching to use these lovely glitter pens I bought long long ago :) [Sorry for so many pictures, I couldn't stop clicking!]

Here is my creation and linking it to Crafty JC challenge # 12, Crafty Boots' "Anything Goes" challenge,









Sorry, no tutorials for this one as there is nothing difficult really that I have done. Just simple 3D petals involved (tutorial here) with a gradation of colour and some beehive quilling to fill the monogram :)

Hope y'all will like it :)

Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

40 comments:

Sathya said...

Cheerful and colorful.......Awesomeeeeeeeeee :)

Nicoleta Ilie said...

wowww...beautifullllllll !!!

Hussena said...

oh my i think words might just not be enough to appreciate this gorgeous...gorgeous creation wow!!! i love eveything about this project from the color scheme to the design and most of all the beautiful quilling..and i agree with you that a project on this scale would certainly require patience...and the fact that you did it in one sitting...simply amazing!!

SUGANTHI said...

Lovely Pritesh.!! Can't stop admiring it. I love everything about it.

Nidhi Jain said...

Lovely work Pritesh...
Quite innovative...

Nidhi
http://creativecraftingwithnidhi.blogspot.com/

Anita Kejriwal said...

This is the most neat and beautiful quilling I,ve seen so far!

Neli Quilling said...

Pritesh,много красива картина си направила!Положила си невероятно много труд и търпение,но си е струвало!Харесват ми много цветята,лисчетата ,цялата аранжировка .Буквата е направена много оригинално !С една дума БРАВО!Поздрави !Нели

Indira Tanwar said...

OMG Pritesh!! Kudos to you for all the patience! The hardwork is seen :)
Love the 3D flowers!

Anastasiaw2008@gmail.com said...

What you creat is always beautiful Pritish and it gets better every time. This one too is a beauty. Lucky receiver. Little bit J, that you have time to quill. I am stuck, up to the neck with loads of house work because of the festive season :D

chillin with Quillin said...

I think you did an awesome job, the flowers are sooo gorgeous, and love the K, very stunning!!!!
Paula

a paper {life} said...

like it is an understatement....this is an amazing quilled piece. The colour is beautiful.

Sujit Kumar Chakrabarti said...

Unimaginable!

Anonymous said...

omg............ awesome

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you everyone! :) I appreciate the time you spend on visiting my posts and commenting! Hugs to all :)

Smita Satish said...

Amazing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow - beautiful use of color! Thanks for joining in with Crafty JC~

Giftarts said...

very lovely... I loved the shading of leaves and their shape. They look perfect!!!

PMT~ Meg said...

Beautiful quilling, (as always) Pritesh. Interesting and unusual colour combination. Meg Crawford ~ Polly & Meg's Treasures

drk said...

creativity and craftmanship when combined produceses timeless classics

drk said...

Great.when creativity combines with craftmanship something timeless happens.

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks a lot everyone! :)

Artes de Nágela said...

Very beautiful!
I loved the flowers and colors!

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Looks Gorgeous!

Szalonaisa said...

AWESOME!!! You are very creative person :)

painted princess collection said...

looks ravishing
anandhirajan

www.anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

Azlina Abdul said...

WOW! Stunning! Love the colours so much too!

Dr Sonia S V said...

The pink white black flower is so amazing and unique!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Dee's Craft Room said...

Stunning, a great piece of quilling.

Thanks for joining in with the fun at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you all :)

Quilling.lt said...

You are very talented Pritesh! This creation is wonderful!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you Vilma :)

Laura said...

It's stunning! I love the flowers and colours.

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you Laura :)

WhiteRacoon said...

AWESOME quilling! Really awesome, love every little detail of it. I'm deeply impressed.

Archana said...

WOW! I am speechless!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you :)

Prasanthi Viswanadh said...

OMG!!!it is awsome....really superb.....

Prasanthi
http://creativecrafts-arts.blogspot.com/

Geetha Naik said...

This is adorable.. such a riot if colours .. so refreshing

Ada said...

ok. this is lovely and eye-catching. can't quite get a hang on the black staminas. can you explain a little?

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you so much! Ada, it is something called a 3D outliner, easily available in any crafts store. Just ask for fabric outliners.