Friday, April 5, 2013

Tribute to MJ

Hello All,

There is hardly anyone in my generation untouched by the music of MJ and tons of creative people have paid some or the other kind of tribute to Michael Jackson in their own ways. I have never hidden the fact that my inspiration (in fact, the one who finally steered me in this direction, without her even realizing it) has been Suzana Ilic, with her superlative quilling. When she made a card with a cute little hat for a card of hers, I couldn't stop drooling. Today, while musing, an idea struck and I decided to convert her idea to an earring pair (today was a big time quilled jewellery day + I have blank studs to be able to make non-dangling earrings :)). And when one thinks of black hats, one HAS TO think of MJ. When he moonwalked or did gravity defying dance moves, I swooned. So, this pair of earrings is my tribute to the guy who made Music I grew up with and the lady who led to the transformation in my life.....here's to you MJ and Suzana! Love to both of you.......



Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

11 comments:

Maria Rose said...

cute :)

SD pooja said...

Wow ! Beautiful !

quilled paper paradise said...

Excellent tribute and a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooooh super cute.Love the idea and the color combination..fabulous

chillin with Quillin said...

cute, love MJ, his music and dance was awesome !!!
Paula

Suman Pandit said...

superb!!

Neetha said...

these are beautiful and a wonderful tribute indeed!

Quilling Wonderland said...

Love your ideas! Super cute!

ManuK said...

These are very pretty, Pritesh! And you are right about Suzana, she's a very talented quiller and an inspiration to many of us!

Hugs!
Manu

Christine said...

I admire your ingenuity. Using the MJ hats as earnings is truly original. And they have come out amazingly like all your quilling.
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com
Chris

Theepz said...

Vow!
Nice HATty ear-ring:)